Monday, November 12, 2012

October from beginning to end!

Hello Everyone So it has been a few weeks since I've posted.  Sorry for the delays but here's the crazy month of October.  We had a great time, learning, laughing, and living life to the fullest.  It was a big month. We learned about John Chapman aka Johnny Appleseed, the importance of being honest, and reptiles.  Yep you read me right I  said REPTILES!!!   But that's not to mention our Annual Fall Festival and Halloween.  All in all I can say it was one heck of a fun filled month.  So without further adieu here are some of the highlights.


In  honor of Johnny Appleseed..here's our paper plate apples.


Me & Brody enjoying our time together
There's a mix of everyday activities, playtime, and special events.  Keep a close eye out for some very enlightening photos of reptiles.

Falling for our Apple Prints


Mirabella  playing with Brody.

Meeting at the watering hole...lol!
My toddlers and infants have more fun together than most kids.  They are just so much fun to watch.  I can't believe how fast they are growing up.  It seems just like yesterday when they started .  I guess it is true, that "time flies when you're having fun."

I think I can climb this one.
Mirabella was serious about here Signing Time Video.

Hazel my little bread thief.....





















Everybody got a chance to help make our homemade applesauce!
Our Fantastic Applesauce!










Enjoying one of the last days of the Fall Sun.


She did all by herself!

Hazel is always careful on that step.

Elizabeth is on the move.


Ben taking a stroll

Gotcha!
All I can say is too cute!  I love catching them at play.  Plus it doesn't hurt that they're such Hams!
Hazel conquered that step.
The ball baby.






Indoors art and learning come together for an art inspired math lesson.

A little counting pumpkin anyone???


Just a cute and fun way to cover a seasonal craft as well as a math concepts lesson.  Sometimes when you bring the two together you get magic.  You see the wheels turn and the lights come on.  It just takes a lot of patience and little bit of luck.  I think I was successful that day.



More pre-festival fun!

A little pumpkin fun.  I thought the kids might enjoy a carve free pumpkin. This way they get to create and I didn't have to worry about the mess...Plus they were really cute and the kids really liked creating their own rainbow pumpkin.
Monet

Elliott


Ben

Wylie

Hana
All of them look like they're ready for jail!  LOL!!!  Even though we took little mugshots, we had the best intentions and the best day.  It was a great activity to start our Annual Fall Festival.    We even found the time to visit our backyard pumpkin patch.




 Happy with her choice!

Elliott  is so proud!

Hana was happy, but concerned about ho w dirty her pumpkin was.


Monet said " I love my pumpkin! it's cute! and  just a little bit dirty."

Eli kept asking, "where did they come from?"



Ben said "I got one!"

Dominick said "Woo it's all mine!"

Elizabeth so cute trying to carry here pumpkin.


It's as big as her!  But she picked it up all by herself.


Here's some more of our fabulous fall art.  The kids told me that we were making witch pumpkins! I had to agree,  So I said that we were making happy pretend witch pumpkins that were going to a party.  Go figure they told me that I was silly, because all witches are pretend!  Tells you how fast they're growing up.


Halloween themed Finger print painting.
Ghosts, pumpkins, and spiders!






So October 21st was Elijah's birthday.  here's a few pics of our celebration.
Happy Birthday Elijah!
Anxiously awaiting
Smile for the camera










That's some good cake!


Introducing the "Reptile Man" 




So here are some of the highlights from our day with the "Reptile Man"  Mr. Richard Ritchie.  I have to say I still don't know what I was thinking.  I'm deathly afraid of snakes!!! So can we say crazy???  I just wanted to give the kids a new experience.  I think I was successful, especially since I didn't have a stroke.






Beaded tailed Lizard
Pretty Python
Pig-noised Snake

Elliott all tied up with a Milk Snake




Let's all touch it!  Ms. Kymberli passed on that experience.



Eli's not so sure 



Wy's turn













We definitely had an eye opening experience.


legless and arm less Russian lizard


Lizard Kisses




monitor lizard


Alligator Snapping Turtle








Blood Python










El and a Baby Alligator









Wylie takes a turn










El holding an African Tortoise

success!











Some truly wild and exotic creatures!
African Tortoise










 So here comes the big one. This is a Burmese Python.  The whole class plus Tracy (Mirabella's Mom) held this snake.  I can't believe how fearless they were.  I'm still spooked every time I see the pictures.




Crazy!!!!









Brave Mom!



brave boys!







Snake is too heavy for him....
King Snake

Now this almost made me pass out!  I can't believe we had a King Cobra in my home!  Thankfully all of the poisonous snakes have been defanged and milked of their venom.   Plus I made sure they all went home......

King Cobra
All coiled up
Did I mention that this a King Cobra?










Touching its tail-
More of the tail









Freaky!  
Rattlesnake!
I'm really glad the kids enjoyed this special event.  It made it all worth while, after I saw how intrigued they were.  They listened intently, asked questions, and most importantly they followed all of the rules.  I'm so proud of them!  Mr. Ritchie gave Kymberli's Kids Castle 2 thumbs up!  He said that our kids were better behaved than a classroom of 1st graders.  GREAT JOB!!! Castle Kids.
Miss Hazey smiling with Ms. Kymberli


Hanging with our friends!
Tom lending a hand!




We kicked of our Halloween Celebration with some art and a spooky Halloween themed lunch. Our party day just kept going.
Halloween Sticker Art!

We were having moment.

Witches Fingers, haystacks, and small pumpkins!  What a tasty lunch.

My little Monsters!


Lisa and her mini twin Mirabella--AWESOME!
Littlest Lamb




The fun just keeps going on.  We decorated a special cookie for snack.  It was our own ghoulish creation.





Everyone is in deep thought as they decorated their cookie.  It was so quiet, it was unreal.  So that tells a story all by itself.








After all of the excitement of that day eveyone was ready to spin out or pass out.
too much excitement for Brody.







Goodbye Hazel
The Kemmers' saying goodbye
So we come to the end of a rather busy and extraordinary month!  Next stop the Holidays!  Everyone keep your eyes peeled for some updates and notices about what's to come this holiday season.

Kymberli













































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment